organization for sustainability and the environment
Created in May 2014, from the perceived need / importance to rescue, preserve and enhance the history, traditions and community skills through the promotion of social interaction and participatory construction of cultural daily life, artistic and educational of population of the district, and aims to become a Civil Society Organization of Public Interest (OSCIP).
We are an institution focused on sustainability, within the concept of sustainable societies, including, besides the ecological, environmental and demographic sustainability, social, cultural, spiritual and political, able to ensure good living of the people, for the current and future generations, according to the Ministry of Education (MEC, 2013).
Why are we
Our role in society
We came the motivation to contribute to the empowerment of community Joaquim Egidio, recover their self-esteem and sensitize them to be protagonists of quality improvements that desire in their lives and, consequently, to the place where they live.
The main purpose is to develop projects in several areas – social, economic, educational, environmental, historical, cultural and artistic, to contribute to achieving sustainability proposal for this community, promoting a more democratic and participatory management.
Our head office, which is about 15 km from the center of Campinas-SP, occupies an area of 2,200 m², 200 m² of built area, and external area, highlighting a backyard with appropriate spaces for working in groups, favorable for outdoor activities, with natural landscaping providing nice multisensory environment, biodynamic and organic, assorted flowers, as well as numerous species being planted (food plants, medicinal and aromatic), embellish and enhance the biodiversity of the site. The land borders the Ribeirão das Cabras, with riparian vegetation properly restored by ASSUMA where they can be spotted animals like marmosets, butterflies, squirrels and birds of various species.
Before receiving the name of Joaquim Egidio, around 1894, the current district was once called Orangery – due to the large amount of trees that existing gender in coffee plantations – and St. Lucian. To date, there is no precision about the origins of its foundation, although some date back houses of the 1840s The probable founder of the village was Major Luciano Teixeira Nogueira. Eminent plantation owner, had lots of land: owned the farm Chapadao, inherited from his father, and also founded the Farm Orangery, coffee production, in whose headquarters today is the urbanized part of Joaquim Egidio. In honor of the Major, who died in 1884, the village was renamed San Luciano. But the current name of the district refers to another important character of our community, whose memory would be minted in local memory. Joaquim Egidio de Sousa Aranha, the Marquis of Three Rivers, was large landowner in the region having the Farm Hinterland, former sesmaria Antonio Raposo da Cunha Leme.
The region is where Joaquim Egidio arose due to the coffee farms and developed with the establishment of Extension Iron Campineiro, established in the 1890s and abolished in 1960, which linked Joaquim Egidio to Campinas. The official creation of the district, until then a village, occurred through the State Law 5,285, of February 18, 1959.
With fauna and flora inside a landscape marked by mountains and hills, the district of Joaquim Egidio has several species of birds, mammals, amphibians and reptiles. In the forests there are monkeys, armadillos, toucans, parrots, capybaras and thrushes, as well as endangered species such as ocelots, pumas, marmoset, otter and paca. In this district also are preserved of the old farms of sugar and coffee, which shaped the city as the grower Paulista Center Complex.
In addition to farms, an urban center (former camp) continues to maintain streets and houses of the last decades of the 19th century, remaining monuments (station bridge facilities) the old Ramal Iron Campineiro – the ” Cabrita ”, railroad created in 1889 and replaced in 1918 by electric trams, which lasted until 1956. Today, its bed houses a laser path between the districts of Joaquim Egidio and Sousas.
The district, most of which is inserted in the Campinas Environmental Protection Area, is much visited, especially on weekends, the variety of activities, gastronomy rural tourism, trails and the bucolic atmosphere. The district is also located the Municipal Observatory of Campinas Jean Nicolini, another pole of attraction and astronomical tourism.
The attractions of the district, and its proximity to major urban centers, led to the increased flow of tourists and visitors and also a large population increase due to the gated communities, impacting the natural landscape of the region and the everyday customs of the community, threatening their identity in relation to the characteristics, traditions and local culture, essential for the maintenance and enhancement of historic, cultural and environmental heritage.
Your Server is Unable to connect to the Google Geocoding API, kindly visit THIS LINK , find out the latitude and longitude of your address and enter it manually in the Google Maps Module of the Page Builder